Thursday, August 20, 2009

asian pear(less) mojito

asian pear mojito. sweet, refreshing & delicious. sold at the chain, p.f. chang’s china bistro. gorrillaman treated me to my first one. wee and i had to go back for another. according to cheers magazine, june 2009 issue, P. F. Chang’s beverage director, Mary Melton, states the leading drink across their 133 restaurants is the Bacardi-based Asian Pear Mojito, which accounted for $5 million in sales last year. whew.

i made a call to p.f.chang’s manager and asked if there was any pear in the pear mojito. his reply was; “it is pearless”. my next question asked about the inclusion of sour apple pucker, his answer; “no”. he went on to say “believe it or not, it is Barcardi Limon rum muddled with mint that gives it that pear taste.” obviously more research will be involved. i am thinking zelcat and i will swing by there to close the deal, after all, she works near there, right? zelcat? hello?

asian pear(less) mojito, $8. drink one.

P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
317 South Shackleford Road
Little Rock, AR
(501) 225-4424


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

SuzieQ said...

I believe I got the recipe was given to me from the bartender a couple of years ago when they first opened... If I remember correctly the recipe was printed from the same printer that they print your check on at the bar. It did in fact have sour apple pucker in it, and when I made it, the taste was identical. Maybe I am dreaming.

zelcat said...

you got it baby! count me in!!!