Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cajun Sno, a perfect summer time heat buster

ah, shaved ice. in this case, a strawberry cream Cajun Sno. the texture of this shaved ice is indeed much like snow. not coarse like the snow cones of old. this is the perfect Little Rock ice treat. a few years ago, i was known to buy 2 at a time, one for the drive to the pool & one to devour while at the pool. the anticipation begins a few weeks before Memorial Day, on an unsuspecting afternoon the purple shack appears in a parking lot on Kavanaugh Blvd. i watch, i wait, i make drive bys, until one day, the green board that covers the window is propped up & it's open for the summer. Cajun Sno has reappeared in the same parking lot for several years, so, i was afraid when the owner told me he was graduating college, afraid for myself that maybe his lofty post graduate dreams would no longer include serving me my summer time treat, fortunately, for me, the business survived his degree. then, to my horror, i saw a note posted on the window of Cajun Sno stating that the owner was getting married, fear struck, but, the following May, Cajun Sno reappeared & reopened & i am glad. too many flavors to mention, prices range from $1.75 kiddie size to $2.75 for large. add .25¢ for cream. go get one!

Cajun Sno
summer hours: 2p-9p everyday
3000-3100 Kavanaugh Blvd.
(between N. Spruce & N. Monroe)

1 comment:

mbracy said...

Makes me think of this short doc: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230474/

I'll let you know if I find it online.