Sunday, August 22, 2010

taj mahal


taj mahal. the newest of the indian restaurants in LR. a small buffet was in the process of being set up when we arrived. nothing exciting on that buffet and nothing as delicious as the dishes of star of india. the sauces were thin and tasteless. the naan was less tasty, less puffy & less tandoori-ed than at star. the rice is even better at star. does it sound like i should have spent my $15 at star of india? good, that what it’s suppose to sound like. go to star of india.

note: Tasty Bite shelf stable ready to eat meals are more satisfying.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the rice on the countertop? Do your friends know how to eat? Christ.

Anonymous said...

I disagree taj mahal was very good and the service was very good, Friday they will be offering their menu selection which looks very very good

Little Rock Bites said...

ZZZZzzzz. ok, you say taj mahal was "very good". I DIDN'T write that because it WASN'T - the chickpeas were hard, as in not cooked long enough. the sauces were THIN, as in watery. not a restaurant i would recommend. got it?

Anonymous said...

I second the disagreement!
I thought the Taj Mahal was delicious.
Best Indian I've ever had. Can't wait to go back on Friday :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a paid ad for Star of India

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Star, so can't comment on that comparison, but Taj Mahal does compare very favourably to Amruth just up the street. Having ventured in on opening day which was very, very busy, I enjoyed the Mutton Bhuna particularly, the meat was deliciously tender and the sauce was flavourful and of a very pleasing consistency and I found the rice and bread to be very tasty but I would agree on the lack of puffiness that I would normally associate with naan. The other dishes I tried were anonymous, but all agreeable, with a mention needed for the "chicken with almondy sauce" which was very pleasant indeed. I would definitely patronise them again.