Thursday, October 15, 2009

o is for opossum

meet archie. if you have ever pondered how i eat all that i prepare. i don’t. meet archie (pictured here with a buttermilk marinated pork chop from farmgirl). he is the living garbage disposal that resides in my backyard. if he doesn’t find a meal in his bowl, (yes, he has a bowl) he gets in the recycling bin, tosses items out & lets me know he was looking for his dinner. he hasn't feigned death for me yet, but i have watched him eat and meticulously clean his hands and face before descending the deck stairs. oh, grow up, he has a right to live in my yard. post your rabies comments now (yawn) & know he might be more welcome at my house than you.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

mbracy said...

My parents have always had at least one resident opossum around their home in Malvern. Garbage scatterers and pet food thieves but otherwise apparently harmless. Back in high school days I named one of them Possy.