Wednesday, September 9, 2009

$2 well spent

garlic toast. come on, i always make my own, never thought about buying it until i pulled out my left over spaghetti and realized i didn’t have bread. i stopped in at o w pizza to see how theirs would stack up. this is definitely a lunch/early dinner spot, the hours at this location are 11am-7pm, m-f. i didn’t know this at my 7pm stop & initially thought the place is just really slow at night, but, now i know it was technically closed when i placed my order. the woman behind the counter radiated warm hospitality as i ordered my $2 garlic toast. she called me “babe” more times than a date trying to get laid. she asked me which kind of dipping sauce i wanted. i didn’t want any. with a southern twang, she added “marina sauce or homemade ranch dressing that i make everyday from scratch”. “i’ll take the ranch.” the garlic toast was topped with chopped garlic & oregano then toasted to perfection. she thanked me profusely for stopping in, so much so, that i will return for a full eat-in experience. back to the toast, i never imagined eating my gourmet spaghetti with garlic toast dipped in ranch dressing, but she is right, her ranch is pretty damn good. i added some salt to the toast, but never mind that, she and that garlic toast saved me from going to kroger. enough said.

O W Pizza
1706 W 3rd Street
(yes, there is another location, but this is where the friendly chick works)

Little Rock
(501) 374-5504


Bookmark and Share

No comments: